Monday, June 19, 2006

Open Peer Review Trial by Nature

This is very clever way of opening the peer review process and generating additional content for the scientific community. I bet if used properly and with enough participation there will be a great knowledge sharing within the scientists and papers will stop being static but be "interactive".

I would also let the author to respond to the comments before and after their paper is published.

Another important element would be how to capture the knowledge that is being discussed in the comments and put these next to the full-text article i.e when I am reading the full-text I want to see the discussion that took place abou the article, think like FAQ for the article.

I hope that my primary publishing colleagues will start a similar initiative soon.

No comments: