Friday, December 08, 2006

Creative approaches for knowledge workers

This past Tuesday I participated to a Library Connect meeting in Boston and had the chance to meet with our customers and saw and hear from Rich Hoeg, the creative stuff that Honeywell is doing for their knowledge workers. Indeed if you are interested to find out how a corporation is using and leveraginf RSS, blogs, podcast, wikis I would suggest to subscribe to Rich's blog. He provides great insights from his and also other companies experiences.

In my presentation which I called it "Rapid Fire", I showed few slides on a new tagging feature that we plan to launch in Engineering Village early 2007 and today I was glad to read Mary Ellen Bates's recent article at econtent where she says that

"... we will start seeing more creative approaches to tagging content that already has controlled vocabulary indexing. We can add user-generated tags to an existing taxonomy". via info pro

Watch this space for the new Engineering Village features that we hope will increase collaboration between our users and give them more control on the information that they are getting.

No comments: